Saturday, April 23, 2005

Train Wreck

T-day has come and it has gone, and the result is not a positive one. In fact, while's it's not a worst-case scenario, it's pretty close to it. Were it not for the tightness of the schedule, I wouldn't have been allowed to defend today, I've been told. I need to basically strip it down and then build it up again. I need to have an outline in to my advisor by Wednesday, and will have to send drafts via email and have a passable thesis in before I leave on 15 May.
While all is not lost and this load of more work is not too big of a deal, I'm guessing that it'd be really tough to get any sort of a favorable recommendation from my advisor for any PhD program now. This creates the larger question of 'what am I going to do with my $80,000 in debt life?' I feel like I'm going down the wrong path, as if I've squandered two years of heavy work. I dunno - perhaps a few days back in ND to reflect on it all will be a good thing...

No comments: