Thursday, April 28, 2005

Just a little nervous from The Fall...

Due to the recent train wreck in Osaka, Japan, I'm rethinking describing my thesis defense as a 'train wreck.' Seems a bit disrespectful and reductive in such a light. So I'm thinking debacle? Disaster? A Hindenburg? Custer's Last Stand? If anyone has any ideas, feel free to suggest...
Combating feelings of deflation and lethargy at the moment. Gonna go to bed early tonight, and then wake up early tomorrow and hit it hard and hope that energy returns to me.
The first day back wasn't so bad, but I feel rather nervous and inadequate in and around Science Hall these days. I know I shouldn't, as this thing isn't really my fault, but I feel the same way nonetheless...
Had my last real class with R.D. Sack today, that enemy of all things postmodern, as he discussed the concepts of 'nature' and 'wilderness.' I'm gonna miss it, but I know I'll always remember and think of RD Sack whenever I take a big bite of a large burrito.
Gotta hit the rack. Hail progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of large burritos, Pedro's Mexican Restaurant on 151 sells 3 lb. burritos. I had one, and it was two meals' worth of food.

ml