Friday, April 22, 2005

The Eve of the Slaughter

As I've learned from Dr. Kaiser (who, by the way, said that the thesis is going to need 'major revisions,') that I don't need to have my revisions in by the time he leaves next week. This means that I'm headed back to Dakota for my Aunt Arlys' funeral. Fly out on Saturday to Fargo, back in on Tuesday. I'm happy about this, and I know my family is as well. But it's a bit more stress in an already stressful schedule.
And, of course, tomorrow is T Day. I'm nervous, perhaps more than I should be, but with the comment listed above by Dr. K, it seems that there's good reason for nerves. I do believe that the only things I would be more nervous for would be a trial or some sort of Congressional hearing. I've become increasingly religious, going out to my back yard and standing on the end of our dock and praying.
Tomorrow is the day of days. Two years of often trying work, $70,000 + of student loans, countless sleepless nights and insomnia fits, who knows how many points higher of blood pressure, and it all comes down to this. I gave up a good girlfriend, a decent paying job in an interesting place. Was this all worth it? Tomorrow will hold the answer. God help me...

No comments: