Friday, April 29, 2005

Just a little nervous from The Fall (II)

What's new today? Seems ol' Tom DeLay, demagog extraordinaire, is in big trouble! The Radcons are beginning to falter a bit it seems - the appointment of thuggish Bolton is held up, Shrub's plan for Social Security reform (er, deform) is going over like a turd in a punchbowl, and now thug DeLay is being investigated on ethics charges. Hope it's the start of a new trend...

I'm beginning to rethink my Thetis plans a bit. The 'worst-case scenario' which I spoke of a day or two ago is becomming more appealing. I plan to run it by Char Burke, our highly resourceful and effective grad student administrator, as well as Dr. Madeleiene Wong, one of my committee members, tomorrow. Hopefully I can run it by Dr. Leila Harris, another one of my committee members as well, if I can get a hold of her. There are ways around every little bit of administrative law, and if I can find a way to do this whole process properly and hopefully not have to pay for it, I'll be quite pleased.

In other news, I was supposed to do Beer and Loafing tomorrow, but due to going home this past week and more pressing things (i.e. Ms. Thetis,) I'm not going to, and quite possibly will not be able to present and all. This is a big disappointment, but as Vonnegut would say, so it goes.

God help us all...

No comments: