Thursday, April 21, 2005

Arlys - RIP

I've received the sad yet relieving news that my Aunt Arlys passed away this afternoon. I say relieving in that she has been suffering from Multiple Sclerosis for the past 20 years or so and has been on a gradual decline, wheelchair-bound for the past ten years or so, and her condition has been really bad, with recurrant infections and possibly a stroke in the past three months. That suffering is over, which is a blessing.
As the funeral is Monday, there's no problem with the defense of Thetis. However, as my advisor, Dr. Kaiser, is leaving the country next week, it could have implications on my revisions, which he would have to sign off on before I can deposit Thetis and call it a day. We'll see what happens...
In other news, I'm dissappointed that the Catholics chose not only a European Pope when there were so many other good candidates, but a reactionary one. A very reactionary one. But he's pretty old, so likely won't last long.
Hail progress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does bob really like those burritos?

Anonymous said...

perhaps those burritos he likes are postmodern...a collage of things (who says that the olives belong with the beans?)