Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Reverend Preaches

Electrifying night - saw the Rev. Al Sharpton speak in the memorial union to a packed house. One of the best speakers I've ever heard. Some quotes:

"Pres. Bush pushed through his 'no child left behind' program, but then left all the funding behind."
"The Right wing wants to privatize health care, privatize social security, privatize everything, except what you do in your bedroom, which they want to make public."
"God gave us free will, and we can go to heaven if we want to or go to hell if we want to. I might not agree with your activity, but it's not the government's place to stop you. If you want to go to hell, I'm gonna fight for your right to go there."

It was beautiful!

1 comment:

Mojo said...

I was there last night as well. I really liked it. I thought it was a little weak that he came straight out wih the Bush bashing. I think Dems need to forget and move on. Still, Sharpton is a great speaker and I enjoyed him thoroughly.