Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Insomnia - riding again

In the midst of Spring Break 2005, Insomnia seems to have returned. Thesis typing is coming along, but it's gonna take a pretty big effort to crank out a draft by Monday. But we'll get there - a caffein-fueled all-nighter during Spring Break seems to be on the cusp of insanity to most sane human beings, but it may be what I need to get me to where I need to be, as I attempt to incorporate the works of Sociologist Rogers Brubaker and Discourse Analyst Norman Fairclough in my writings. That's not an easy task, mind you, as I have yet to read either of them. Hail adventure!
The other interesting story is that last night, while my fellow Geographer Chris Limburg and I were taking a study break and watching Star Wars (the most recent one,) I looked out the back window to see how rapidly the ice was melting on the lake in our backyard. While I was looking out, out of the corner of my eye I noticed the green canvas lawnchair that my father gave me was set up, and on top of it was an opossum! It seems he/she was building a nest on it. I flipped it over after the possum had left to dispense the marsupial's nest. Kind of crazy.
India's mother comes to town tomorrow. Should be fun. Time to make an attempt at sleep.

No comments: