Thursday, March 24, 2005

Embracing the Insomnia

Tonight, after having dinner at the Taj (considered Madison's top Indian restaurant) with Keli, India, India's mother, our old friend and geographer Cindy and Cindy's very interesting parents (her father, a retired doctor who bought us all dinner, told us all of these great stories about doing medical missions in Central America), I've decided to make a radical change in sleeping policy for the remainder of spring break. As it seems that I accomplish more in the wee hours of the morning and little during the day and I don't have to be anywhere during the day, I'm going nocturnal! So, tonight, I'm doing something that few people would dare do: staying up all night in Science Hall, where I am almost certainly the only person. For those of you not familiar with the campus here at UW - Madison, Science Hall, home to the Geography Department and my office, is about 113 years old and considered to be HAUNTED. So I may have to change my underwear before the night's over...
Other things are falling into place that will facilitate my escape to Bangkok, as it appears I have a sublettor for the apartment and a buyer for my car. The weather's getting better, so things seem to be going swimmingly. Hail progress!

No comments: