Thursday, May 26, 2005

Shin-Tokyo Kokusai Kyuko Narita

Just finished the 13 hour trans-Pacific slog to Narita Airport - 2/3 of the way there. The flight was unpleasant, in fact, at times it was borderline miserable. Being confined in that seat for that long just isn't fun for a big boy. It's well known that Japanese people are good travelers, and it seems that a plane seat is a microcosm of Japan, as everything here is ultra-compact and stretching your legs is nearly impossible, so perhaps that's why these trans-Pacific jaunts don't seem to phase them as they do me. ANd perhaps that's why I didn't like being in Japan in the end. I'm not sure...
Anyhow, the next 1/3 of the flight takes off in about 2 hours. God help me...

1 comment:

Adia Creator said...

Think of flying private. I hear that is much better than the alternative. If you can afford that sort of thing. I know I can't!