Thursday, September 01, 2005

Up and Running

Happy September to you all. As you all can see, I was able to get out yesterday and take a few pictures in Bangkok's Chinatown. Chinatown here is mostly known as a shopping place - my colleage, Bryan McGuinness, and I were hoping to have some quality Chinese food, but the only restaurants we found were KFCs. But if you're looking for silk, DVDs, knives, sheet metal, or just about any other type of product, the BKK Chinatown is a great place to look.

This past weekend, I was feeling really groggy and wanted to sleep all of the time. Was worried that I had Mono, which really would not have been good. Then, on Sunday night, I only got one hour of sleep - the most welcomed bout of insomnia I've ever had, as it was a good sign that Mono it was not. Feeling perfectly fine now.

I've officially dropped 24 kilos since landing here in May. It seems to have stabilized a bit now, but I've moved a full three holes up on my belt. And on it goes...

One thing that is kind of funny is that it appears I may be doing some modeling in the near future. In all honesty, I thought I had a better chance of becoming the next pope (I'm Lutheran, and am not in the clergy) than ever becoming a model. But it seems that white people are in high demand here, so it's possible I could be appearing in some ads and TV commercials here. Likely nothing major, and nothing to quit my day job over, but a good way to make a few extra Baht for sure...

Other than that, God help the people of Southern Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. It's somewhat reminicent of the tsunami that hit here this past December. Next month, I'll have a few weeks off and will be heading to Krabi, one of the provinces of Southern Thailand on the Andaman Coast that was hit by the killer waves. I went there two years ago, so it will be interesting to see what has changed since then. Also, it's a beautiful area, with high limestone cliffs and crystal clear waters. I've been told that the water is even clearer and more beautiful since the tsunami, so it will probably be pretty cool. And tourism is down heavily there, so it won't be too crowded. Should be nice...

The college football season begins Saturday. The Badgers open up with Bowling Green at home. A tough early season test. Man, I'm gonna miss college football, that's for sure...

Hail progress! And go Badgers!

2 comments:

burke said...

Luebke as a model... wow, doesn't get much better than that. Definitely going to have to announce that to the chapter Monday.

Update, our game today against Bowling Green was awesome, and our offense this year is going to be amazing. Still the passing game our defense tried to stop today was different from most big ten teams, so it will be interesting to see how our defense will hold up throughout the season. Keep rockin, and if you model be sure to throw up some example pics.

Anonymous said...

Just because some guy in a seedy bar approaches you and says he wants to take pictures of you with your shirt off doesn't make you a model. You ain't got it.