Saturday, August 09, 2008

Great Western Roadtrip - 2008 - Going

On July 25, I finished up with summer school, and since I have a month off, I decided to hop in my Mitsubishi and drive east, and not stop driving until I reached my hometown of Bismarck, North Dakota. This is a pretty daunting road trip, mind you - I would be doing it solo, and my car has no cruise control (don't really need that in city driving,) and, according to Google Maps, it's 23 hours and 57 minutes from door to door. Also, I had never been to most of the places in between. So, I did it slowly, making frequent stops, and seeing what the Great American West had to offer. Everything on the way down went pretty well, other than my having a nasty cold, and I had a great time - it made me fall in love with America all over again! So, these are the photos that I took on my way to Dakota. I'll have more from the return trip, which begins in just a few days. Hail Progress!

No comments: