Friday, March 30, 2007

An announcement

It's official! I'm US bound. I fly from Hong Kong to San Francisco on 24 May, 2007 with China Air. The funny thing is that with the time-zone differences, I land in San Francisco an half an hour before I take off from Hong Kong. I'll be in HK for three days.

Other than that, I'm working my tail off here with this intensive English class, which meets for four hours per day (8 am to noon) six days per week, and has at the very least two assignments I have to correct each and every day. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have World Civilization class from 12-3. At 4, I have to take a taxi on Sukhumwit road, leaving before the rush hour traffic gets too terrible. This usually takes about 30 to 45 minutes. After that, I have the evening class for two hours. So, that keeps me going pretty late, and by now, Friday, I feel like I'm running on fumes. But it's going to be good to have some cash when I get to the Bay Area.

Comin' to America!

2 comments:

Breathing said...

wow! congrats. And soon to be welcome home.

Nick said...

Yo Lubkenator,
Hey lucky day - I'm doing an academic term at UC-Santa Cruz...just off the south bay. 24 May/lucky day/in the bay. I look forward to hanging out after you arrive!
Nick