Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Three times at Three Pagodas




So I know I haven't posted in some time, so I thought I'd post a few pictures I took a couple of weekends ago when Blochistan and I went to the fabled Three Pagodas Pass on the Thai-Burmese border. I've been there twice before - see April 2006 postings for more on the Three Pagodas. I didn't have time to cross into Burma, but I did get some nice pictures. Here they are!


When one comes into the Three Pagodas area, this mountain is the first view of Burma that one has.


Some of the huts on the Thai side of the border.


The Border Peace Temple, with remnants of the WWII Death Railway in the foreground.


The Three Pagodas, with Burma in the background.


Two young Children at the Three Pagodas, hamming it up for the camera.


A peaceful, hazy morning on the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi.

No comments: