Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The promise of a coming day...

Today was merely a day of working at the Arthur H. Robinson (may peace be upon him) Map Library and class - a seminar on migration and citizenship lead by Dr. Madeline Wong, and always providing lots of lively discussion from a class with diverse ethnicities and diciplines. So that was good, as always.
The cold is in recession - not quite as furious of a recession as the economy is typically under any president named Bush, but it's on the way out, which is a good sign.
Quick origin of the nickname, "The Dude." It comes from the movie The Big Lebowski, which could very well be my favorite movie of all time. The Dude, the main character played by Jeff Bridges, has very long hair and dresses in a very casual manner. While I was in Japan, I also had very long hair, big sideburns (The Dude has a goatee.) Also, I have a very laid back manner, much like The Dude. Therefore, my coworkers began calling me The Dude. And I happily accepted that name.
Hail Progress!

No comments: